The credit note is a part of the Credit Management by Buckaroo. This credit note can be used to lower the open amount on the invoice. The credit note can created from the invoice details in the Plaza, by using a batch file, or via API.
The credit note can only be used in combination with a Credit Management invoice. Credit notes help to control the open amount on a outstanding invoice. See the decision tree and explanation of the steps below.
- If the invoice shared with the debtor only has a payment button or payment URL (PayPerEmail), the credit note cannot be used. Please create a new pay link at Buckaroo.
- If Credit Management is used for an invoice, a credit note can be sent in to lower the outstanding amount
- When an invoice has not been paid yet, the outstanding amount presented by the pay link in the payment invitation or reminders will be deducted automatically
- If the invoice has already been paid, a refund of the payment is necessary in addition to the credit note
- When a payment is pending at the moment the credit note is sent in, like with SEPA Direct Debit, the refund can be sent in at the moment the payment receives a success status
Was this article helpful?