A Buckaroo account is required to do test or live transactions with the Buckaroo plugin for PrestaShop. Below you can find the configuration steps:
- Sign in to your → PrestaShop backend.
- Then go to → Modules → Module Manager and look for the Buckaroo Plugin in the payment section.
- Behind the Buckaroo Plugin is a arrow button, click on it so it will show the plugin options.
- Select → Configure, this will open a new window with the Global plugin settings.
- Fill all required information at the Global settings. A description of each needed credential is provided below, see the required information to connect the module with your Buckaroo account.
The following information is required to connect the module to your Buckaroo account:
Merchant key (also known as the website key):
The merchant key can be found in the Buckaroo Plaza under → My Buckaroo → Websites. Using the filter button at the top right, you can then switch between multiple websites (if multiple websites are linked within the Buckaroo account).
Select the website to be linked here. Then in the tab → General you will find the key.
Can be set in the Buckaroo Plaza at → Configuration → Security → Secret Key.
Note: the secret key may only contain numbers and letters!
You can create a certificate in the Buckaroo Plaza at → Configuration → Security → Certificates.
A certificate can be created with the → Actions button on this page.
Please note that the certificate is downloaded directly in the browser. Save this file properly so that it can be found later.
After creating a certificate, the certificate must be uploaded in the Buckaroo plugin for WooCommerce in the settings.
Certificate thumbprint (also known as the fingerprint):
Can be found in the Buckaroo Plaza at → Configuration → Security → Certificates.
The fingerprint can only be found after a certificate has been created. After creating a certificate, the fingerprint will be visible in the overview of all certificates in the Buckaroo Plaza.
This is the description for your transactions. Consumers will see this description on their bank statement as well.
We advise to fill in your website name here, so that customers have a good reference for the payment that they have made.
The return URL is used for the transaction updates which will be send to your website to automatically update the order status.
This URL must be copied and entered in the Buckaroo Plaza at → My Buckaroo → Websites.
Make sure that you've selected the correct website URL with the filters options.
Then go to → Push settings and place the copied URL in the → PUSH URL Success and the PUSH URL Failure fields.
Save the entered data:
Now save the entered data. All basic settings are now ready for the connection with Buckaroo. Now you can still change the settings for each payment method.
Push settings to update the order status automatically in PrestaShop.
- Login with your Buckaroo account on → Plaza.buckaroo.nl
- Go to → My Buckaroo → Websites and select the website with the filters dropdown on the right side.
- Then go to the settings tab named → Push settings.
- The checkbox → Enable Push Response, must be checked 🗹.
- The fields → Push URL Success and → Push URL Failure must both be filled with the PUSH URL from your Prestashop website.
This is: https://[base URL website]/index.php?fc=module&module=buckaroo3&controller=return.
The base URL of your website will in most cases follow the form of 'yourwebsite.com'.
The most common exceptions are 'www.yourwebsite.com/index.php' and 'www.yourwebsite.com/NL' or a combination of both.
To find out what base URL your website uses, go to the front page of your website and click on some links.
You always look at the URL of the page you are on. The part at the beginning of the URL that stays the same is your base URL.
You can find the PUSH URL's in the Global Buckaroo plugin settings as well.
❖ HTTP-Method must be set to → POST
❖ For → Push type choose → BPE3.0
❖ Set the Push Content type to → httppost
Pending payment status: This is a option to adjust the status of 'pending' orders to a possible custom status.
Payment success status: This is a option to adjust the status of 'success' orders to a possible custom status.
Payment failed status: This is a option to adjust the status of 'failed' orders to a possible custom status.
Haven't installed the Buckaroo plugin yet? Then please check out our installation page.