The digital direct debit authorization (also known as eMandate / emandate) is a new way to issue a direct debit authorization via the consumer's bank. In that sense, it is not a payment method, but a promise to make a direct debit from a specific account.
- Advantages vs. disadvantages
- Reduction of administrative effort
- Additional service to SEPA Direct Debit
- Suitable for B2C and B2B
- Not supported by all banks
- Relatively unknown among Dutch consumers
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Our team will get back to you
How can we improve this article?
Character limit : 500